Thursday, December 10, 2009

Death- a poem by Nathaneil

My son is 11. I couldn't believe this poem he wrote. I asked him what made him think about this. He talked of his grandpa who died in 2006. I just recently went to a friends funeral, I suppose that is what made him get on this subject. Anyway..here is his poem:

Death by Nathaniel TwoBears
Death is something that clings onto your entire life. It's something that you can't get rid of. It's something that will happen to everyone. Once if you hear or see a relative die, you can't forget it. You want to go back in and change it all so it won't happen, but you know you can't. You don't know if it is gonna happen to you, your dad or someone else. It comes unexpectedly. Sometimes you wish you could die but you don't want to and you don't realize it either. Death. It'll happen to everyone but you don't know when it will happen. For now just go out and live. The end

I am just speechless over this poem..lol

4 comments:

  1. It's interesting to see the perspectives of death in a child's eyes. He's growing up Kat...hold onto your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well out of the mouth of babes. What an awesome poem. And so deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it is a subject you may not want to think he is thinking about, it is a good sign of his intelligence. He is thinking deeply, which is not so common for his age. Take comfort in knowing he is able to express himself, and encourage him to continue doing so. It will help him throughout his entire life to be able to do this. I was emotionally enthralled over reading this poem. I wish I could shake his hand and pat him on the back myself. :)

    ReplyDelete