Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Advent Calendars

There are so many fabulous advent calendars out there that you can make! I found this project idea on the Family Fun website and it was a real hit with my kids, nieces, & nephew. I cut out all of the basic Christmas-themed shapes on my KNK and we had them ready to go with tape. We also fastened together 4 strips of paper and attached a jumbo eyelet at the top where the ribbon is tied on for the hanger. You can imagine the excitement when the kids all returned from the park to get to work on this. They fastened the shapes to the front side and numbered each shape from 1 to 25. On the back of each number, they got to tape a piece of candy which will be their daily treat as Christmas creeps closer. My daughter shocked me by immediately asking for a pen to "doodle" on the shapes. For a 5-year old I think I may have a crafter on my hands! My kids think of this calendar the moment they wake up every morning. It helps put the time frame for Christmas into perspective for them. My only regret is that this is the first year I've done an advent calendar with my kids. From now on it's a new tradition!

Karon





1 comment:

  1. Those turned out so cute! The ones my kids made. Several have already eaten all of their candy..lol
    Gotta think of a locking system next year..hahaha
    :O)

    ReplyDelete