Friday, August 7, 2009

Birthday Cupcakes!

I really think that scrapbooking has encouraged me to try new things, even with food! I have made some cool cupcakes and cookies over the past several years. My daughter, when asked what she wanted to take to daycare for her birthday, said "Frog cupcakes again!" Well, like a scrapbook layout, I have a very hard time bringing myself to do the same thing twice. So I surprised her with cupcakes decorated to look like her favorite fruit....watermelon! These were soooo easy! I got the idea from the Wilton website (sure wish I was talented enough to do some of those cool ideas).
Here's how I did it: I frosted the cupcakes white and dipped them in a bowl of red colored sugar until they were totally coated. Then I piped green frosting around the edge (I used a ziploc bag and snipped the end off) and poked 10 miniature chocolate chips into the top of each one. The only time consuming part of it was the chocolate chips...I had to poke 240 in them before I was done because I made up 2 dozen. Still, it was worth it....she loved them! Here she is at daycare with her happy smiling face! Happy 5th Birthday Ashlynn!!!
Karon





1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness!!! Adorable!! Wish we could be there! Kennedy is sitting my lap while I'm reading this and she saw the pic and said "Ashlynn!!!" I can't believe she knew who it was without ANY prompting or clues, how cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete